Search This Blog

Friday 10 September 2010

Incitement to Jimi Hendrix, turned up to 11 - York Friday

The morning was fine. Got up and was quite excited with a new concept I have been thinking about for some time (more about that later). So I started a brain storming session with it. the ideas were flowing, the pen was scribbling the ideas down (yes I sometimes use a pen). Then it happened.

There was a horrid shrieking sound from next door. I was appalled. So in my fit of horror I yelled, "No! Not again! He cant sing! He has not figured out since his voice broke he sounds like a howling cat!"

Next, he turned up the music and proceeded to howl even louder. This was just to much for me. I took this as an incitement to Jimi Hendrix album Voodoo Child (side 1). Even with this on, I could still hear the classic sounds of "Howling Cat" (his new nickname) next door. So, I had no recourse except to turn my own sound system up to full volume (the metaphoric "This goes up to 11" from Spinal Tap.

Within moments, "Howling Cat" had stopped. Oh the relief. The beautiful sound of Hendrix replaced it. Slowly, but surly, I turned my sounds down and the album continues. Have got as far as "The Watchtower".

All quiet on the front line. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment