Search This Blog

Thursday 9 September 2010

Thursday in York UK

Well I missed Wednesday and had a real late night with it. I don't quite know what happened but there we have it. It may have been that I missed going out into York on Tuesday, which is what I usually do. But I am trying to stay away from the fun a frolics of downtown for a while and see if I can make a go of other things.

The real issue here is I was not making the best of the time I had available. The key to that is getting up and going to bed at regular times. So having stayed away from the beer, I found I was up till 430am and doing very little all night/morning. Although I did make good use of the daytime, it was still pretty much a disaster.

So, Thursday I was rudely awoken in the morning by the phone only to find i was due to do some cooking at the weekend. This is fine although the broken oven I am having to use is going to be a problem. We were planning to have a Mexican evening. This would be a trial for a larger group at some point in the near future.

The Mexican evening would include my fabulous Yorkshire salsa and some superb Yorkshire guacamole on top of some incredible chicken fajitas. Now it has become a regular thing with me, fajitas but, when I do the condiments myself, it really improves the flavour of the packet stuff available. Also, when I use my own fajita spices, again it really makes a difference. I will still be using packaged tortillas because i don't know how to make those lovely textured pancakes at all. Still have to learn.

So that's perhaps this weekend. Today on the other hand has been quite a busy day so far. I have been playing around with a few designs and have now completed. Some more javascripting was called for to make a slideshow. It is very simple using the KISS philosophy. I am hoping to improve my income with this and will be testing it  for a while yet. the slideshow wont roll out for a while and it only going to be tested on some pages. We will see how it goes. I have some hopes but am not overly optimistic. My pragmatism showing through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment